Thursday 18 October 2012

Maurice the Caravan!!

Well, I think the time has come.
If I leave this post too much longer my Sprite 400 caravan will be embarrassingly messy.
I am slightly nervous truth be told.

I have spent a few happy days working in my little caravan workroom in the last week. It now feels like I have had Maurice forever.
 I have a little radiator to keep my toes warm. I have my digital radio for a bit of Jeremy Vine (I heart Jeremy).
Mr Betty brings me a cup of tea every hour or so. If he doesn't I ring him ;)


In the corner is a chair for anyone that wishes to visit Maurice and myself. My caravan door is always open.....actually it's not but a little tappity tap on the door and I will be there in a jiffy.

Littlest has his very own space too.
If I am busy at my little pink sewing machine he can be right near me.
He loves drawing and has penned a number of robot war scenes for the caravan walls.


My desk and handy dandy drawers fit perfectly. I have used the original caravan fabric to put a fancy skirt around my desk.


I have cosy teaky wooden flooring courtesy of Mr Betty, there was quite a bit of bad language during the installation of said flooring and at times I was forced hike up the volume on my digital radio.


I don't think I can put into words how much I love my new workroom.
You can be sure that there will be changes in the future. New additions to the walls, a change of curtains....a rug..thats what is so much fun!
I hope you love it as much as I do and I hope it shows what can be done with a small space and an even smaller budget. Every crafty soul should have their very own place.

Tonight I will be doing some more prep for a fair I am doing on Sunday.
I will be back with all the details tomorrow. It is craft, not Vintage, so I have been a very busy Miss Lizzy.

Thanks for reading. x

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, would love a Maurice at the bottom of my garden ... Very lovely!

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely fabulous!! I would like a Maurice at the bottom of my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you have transformed him, you must be so very proud
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh who wouldn't love a Maurice in their life ... I am a trifle jealous ... you lucky thing ... he is a beauty ... wishing you many, many cosy hours crafting in your new surroundings ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe how quickly you have spruced Maurice up. He looks wonderful, you've done a fantastic job. I'm very envious. Don't think my other half will let me convert our lake district static. Shame. Hope your craft stall goes well. I will be at Whalley Village Hall with the Doodly Birds.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maurice, twit twoo! he's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy. Maurice is a real stunner. Well done you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maurice is looking very dapper :)

    What a fab space to work in :) My work space is part of our spare room - my plans this weekend include giving it a jolly good tidy up - its got rather messy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maurice looks totally amazing....you have done the grandest job, I can almost see his little chest puffing out with pride at being restored to his former glory! actually probably better than!! I love him :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! Hope I haven't overdone the wows, but I just wanted to convey my admiration! You have one special place there! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I <3 Maurice. He is tres funky and stylish. Who could fail to be inspired by such grand surroundings?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in LOVE with Maurice! And am consumed with caravan envy ;-). What a wonderful space to work in, sit and day dream in, drink tea in... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maurice...or as I like to call him Maurissey :) is looking just fine and dandy...he looks so spacious too x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could be a new business - making work studios from vintage caravans! Or, you could just charge people for a tour of yours...rather like the National Trust :)
    Looking fab, good luck with your craft fair x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Oooh Betty
    I have gone from a light green to a deep vivid dark green.....how wonderous it all looks and perfecto mundo. All that and endless supplies of tea what more can you wish for! Oh perhaps snow at Christmas but maybe we will get that too!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your caravan is absolutely amazing...what a brilliant idea!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so jealous of your caravan amazing x Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Emma, I am happy to find a fellow lover of caravans! I renovate vintage one's for a living! Love Maurice excellent job! Do go and take a peek at mine, love Sharon..xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jealous! It's so lush. Good to meet you at Treacle, doll pics look fab! (Freddy & Violet)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I fell in love with your caravan, sorry, I'm in love with Maurice! Great idea, wish I had a big garden for a Maurice.

    ReplyDelete